Friday, April 29, 2016

Waiting For the Sun

BOTH!
The desire to be outside and start gardening is particularly strong this time of year. However, without the cooperation of Mother Nature (43 degrees, rainy and windy) there's not much one can do. I settled for two quick and easy - can be done in the garage - fairy/plant projects.

The first project is similar to one I had initially discovered on the the internet. It was pitched as a lemon-to-lemonade thing:  "If you break a terra cotta pot this is what you can do with it." I didn't have a broken terra cotta pot, but I did have a perfectly good one.
Shattered to pieces.
 
Note to self: Do not hammer so hard next time. The first hit didn't break the pot sufficiently but the second hit shattered the pot. If there is a technique to breaking a terra cotta pot correctly, I clearly don't know it. I had to glue some of the pieces back on to make this project work. I smiled to myself appreciating the irony. 
 
 
 
The good news is terra cotta pots are cheap when on sale. I saw a similar sized pot to this one in a flyer for $1.99. So if it's a complete fail, you haven't lost much.
 
 
Click on pictures to enlarge



 
 

 

The second indoor project, has been on my list of "to dos" for a long time. Every time I walked past the indoor, artificial tree in our living room I glanced down thinking (knowing) how perfect a small fairy scene would look at the base of the trunk. An added bonus was that it would cover the fake and unsightly black dirt.  



Plan for a water element.


 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Both projects were quick and simple. They didn't completely satisfy my desire to get my hands in dirt, but at least the wait was tolerable.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment