Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Time Marches on.


I've found that as I get older reading the obituary page in the St. Cloud Times has become an important part of my daily routine. It is with a sympathetic heart that I read about the passing of a parent of a friend, previous co-worker or former acquaintance. These moments are particularly sad (but honest) reminders of how time marches on and there is nothing that can stop it or slow it down. I know part of my discontent is the deep down (scary) thought about how I, and everyone around me, is getting older...who hasn't thought THAT would never happen!
Jerry and Theresa

  
But this morning, what really made me start pondering was that I couldn't help but notice that of the seven written tributes, the youngest was 82. I guess that's a good thing: seven people who lived long and fulfilling (I'm hoping) lives. The youngest, being born in 1933, part of a generation that is slowly declining. One that has witnessed more changes in the world than any other generation. I could go on and on about how great they are. Within them, they have incredible stories, most of whom enjoy telling (and re-telling) them. 

So yesterday, (by coincidence) before this blog post was on my radar, I asked my parents (born in 1933 and 1934) to write down some experiences and stories about their earlier years. They really liked the idea and I am looking forward to  having them as "guest" bloggers--we don't want to lose these precious stories!!

My "most fun" craft post has to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment